As posted on http://ktravisj.com/termsofuse.html:
Travis J Consulting is a sole proprietorship, owned and run locally here in East Texas. Travis J Consulting is a web-services business, specializing in Webmastering, Directory-Services, and Web-Marketing Services.
(in this body of text "you" refers to you/or your business/organization as a potential client of Travis J Consulting; "owner", "president" of Travis J Consulting refers to its current owner Travis Jones)
• In transacting business with Travis J Consulting, you agree that whenever you e-mail back and forth with Travis J Consulting or a representative from Travis J Consulting, the content and nature of the e-mails are legally binding. You also understand that Travis J Consulting keeps a record of every e-mail it sends and receives, for potential future reference.
• You understand that Travis J Consulting is not a fly-by-night operation, and that it is committed to serving you and working for you indefinitely. However, changes in legal environment for Web-services are likely to occur, just like legal changes sometimes occur in any industry. Therefore, you realize that Travis J Consulting will relay these changes to its clients in a timely manner if the changes are so severe that it directly or indirectly affects the way in which Travis J Consulting operates you/or your company's/organization's website. You understand that Travis J Consulting is committed to not only performing due diligence but maintaining fair, honest, and speedy communication with its clients regarding changes in how Web-related work must be operated if it will hinder or significantly change the way in which Travis J Consulting offers you its services. In the case that such environmental change occurs/ or Travis J Consulting must for any reason discontinue services, Travis J Consulting is dedicated to contacting you in a timely fashion, making you aware of the changes, and discussing Travis J Consulting's position as your webmaster.
• When you agree to do business with Travis J Consulting, by letting Travis J Consulting create and continuously operate a website for you/or your company, you understand that there are two charges you will be charged at regular intervals:
1) A semi-annual charge that goes toward the purchase of both your .com/.net/.org/etc. domain name and your actual webspace. This charge usually amounts to $23.94 every six months, but depends on the nature of the amount of webspace you and Travis J Consulting determine you will need. This charge does not go into Travis J Consulting's pocket.
2) A monthly charge (or quarterly, semi-annually, or annually--whatever terms work best for you/your company/organization and Travis J Consulting) for Travis J Consulting's services to you/or your company/organization. You will be made aware of this rate after discussing your business needs with Travis J Consulting, but a rough estimate can be found at the Services page. This does go into Travis J Consulting's pocket, as compensation for services rendered to you/or your company/organization.
• Travis J Consulting's current owner is still attending school full-time until May 2011 to obtain a Master's Degree in Business Administration. Therefore, you understand that Travis J Consulting operates on a basis of working on clients' websites with the understanding that the owner is committed to delivering quality and rapidly-developed Web-services to you/ or your company/organization, but that the owner is dedicated to performing finishing well in school, and that time is devoted to both.
•Cancellation clause for Longview, TX Business Directory:
At any time, you may discontinue being listed on Longview, TX Business Directory for no extra charges or fees. You will just be billed for the few days you were listed since the previous pay period, and then all ties are cut betwen you and Longview, TX Business Directory, if you wish.
When you or your business is listed, you are billed $30 on the 15th of every month (or the next business day if the 15th falls on a non-business day). At any time you can cancel your service with no extra charges or fees. You will only be billed $1 per day since the previous time your account was charged. For instance, say you get billed on the 15th of March like normal. Then, on April 3rd you decide you want to cancel. You will be billed $19--a dollar a day--on the next pay date (which would be April 15th), and then all ties will be cut, you will be removed from the directory, and you will not be charged monthly anymore.
If this is confusing, please ask about it on the phone or in person and I will explain it better.